Monday, January 9, 2012

Keepin' it Real

Tessa took this picture with her new Christmas camera.

Most of my entries are about the best times we have as a family. This one, I'm keepin' it real. After lots of thought, Jeff and I decided to try to have one more kiddo. As you know, Nathan is over 6 years younger than Tyler. We both wanted him to have a sibling to grow up with.

I am 9 weeks pregnant. We are super excited that our plan is working out. This baby is due the beginning of August. I am sick (as you all could've guessed). I'm pretty much home-bound and in survival mode.

Jeff and the kids are a HUGE help when they are home. When they are not, Nathan is into lots. With me spending most of my time on the couch, I've learned about how many items can be placed in the toilet from the garbage, how much dirt can be removed from a single plant, how many dishes can be removed from the dishwasher and every drawer in reach and how much dog food can be placed in the water bowl.

As hard as it is, he does brighten my days so much. He has such a sweet disposition and more than once his whole-mouth open kisses have made my entire day. I just have to remind myself that all the suffering of nausea and shots will be worth it in the end. That's the way I've gotten through all of it every time. I would do it again for each of my kids. You just can't put a price on sharing your life with each individual member of your family. For me, these relationships are what life's all about.

2 comments:

  1. I have missed, you!!! We keep thinking we you get over in December. Keeping busy, but we need to come and see you! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOY TO COME!!! Nathan is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for keeping it real, char. i'll be praying for you and that little love nugget.

    ReplyDelete